I love the taste of peppermint. There’s something just so refreshing about it and it goes perfectly with rich and creamy chocolate. I found this lovely recipe from The Food Charlatan and the cookies looked spectacular so I had to give it a try.
Mint Chocolate Cookies (adapted from The Food Charlatan)
Makes: 40 cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour (optional)
225g Unsalted Butter, Softened
160g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
10 drops Green Food Colouring
585g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Salt
170g Dark Chocolate Chips
170g Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 175°C and line baking sheets with baking paper.
2. In a stand mixer, beat the unsalted butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and yolk, peppermint extract and food colouring and mix until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
5. Add the dry flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until mixture is not fully combined.
6. Set aside around 1/3 cup a mixture of dark and milk chocolate chips. Then take half of the dark and milk chocolate chips and chop coarsely with a knife.
7. Add the rest of the chocolate chips and coarsely chopped chocolate chips to the cookie dough mixture and mix until just combined.
8. Take a tablespoon of the dough and shape it to form a ball. Place these on the baking sheets and then gently flatten them. Then press the leftover chocolate chips on the top of the cookies.
9. Place the cookies into the oven and bake for around 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for around 5 minutes then remove the cookies from the baking sheets and place onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread