This recipe for beer bread is so simple and easy and requires no resting time or waiting for the bread to rise. Simply just chuck all the ingredients together, and make the caramel sauce topping and put it in the oven! While it doesn’t have the yeasty flavour from bread, you get the subtle “wheaty” beer flavour with the apples, toasty walnuts and with that delicious crunchy caramel topping. It’s good I tell you.
Caramel Apple Beer Bread (Adapted from The Beeroness)
Makes: One Loaf
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Passive Time: 5 minutes
450g Plain Flour
45g Caster Sugar
2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
60g Walnuts, Toasted & Roughly Chopped
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
300g Large Granny Smith Apples, Peeled & Chopped (around 225g)
355ml Wheat Beer
55g Unsalted Butter, Melted
170g Caster Sugar
2 tbs Water
30g Unsalted Butter, Cubed
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Sift the plain flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Add in the apple pieces and walnuts and stir until all mixed.
4. Pour in the beer and melted butter into the large bowl and stir until just combined.
5. Scoop the bread mixture into a greased loaf pan and set aside.
6. In a small pot, add the sugar, water and butter heat over high heat. Stir the mixture until the butter has melted, then allow to boil without stirring for around 5 to 6 minutes or until the mixture has turned an amber colour. Then remove from heat to cool slightly.
7. While the caramel is still runny, pour over the top of the entire loaf. Then bake in the oven for around 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread