I came across Gordon Ramsay’s way of cooking scrambled eggs and after doing it once. I simply can’t go back to the old way of cooking scrambled eggs. These are “wetter” but retains the egginess of it all, plus has the slight richness of the butter and cream. It’s also very quick to cook, it just requires a bit more hands on cooking.
Scrambled Eggs (Gordon Ramsay Style)
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp crème fraîche (or thickened cream)
3 chives, chopped (roughly 1 1/2 tbsp)
ground sea salt
ground black pepper
1. Break the eggs into a cold, heavy-based pan, place on the lowest heat possible, and add half the butter.
2. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently to combine the yolks with the whites.
3. As the mixture begins to set, add the remaining butter (and thickened cream if not using crème fraîche).
The eggs will take about 4-5 minutes to scramble – they should still be soft and quite lumpy. Don’t let them get too hot – keep moving the pan off and back on the heat (as the bottom of the pan stays heated even after taking it off of the stove).
4. Add the crème fraîche and season the eggs with salt and pepper at the last minute, then add the snipped chives and serve immediately.
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting