I have this slight obsession on how many different desserts I could add green tea to. I haven’t come close to what I want to achieve yet, slowly but surely I’ll be finally satisfied! I found this recipe from Anncoo Journal for a lovely green tea (matcha) milk pudding, it isn’t as heavy or rich as a panna cotta would be since it doesn’t use cream and I recommend using full cream milk instead of a low fat option just because it kinda needs that slight richness to it.
Green Tea Pudding (from Anncoo Journal)
Serves: 3-4 people
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Passive Time: at least 2-3 hrs
2 1/2 tsp Green Tea Powder
2 1/4 tsp Gelatin Powder
2 tbsp Water
Cooked Sweet Red Beans (Optional)
1. Add the water to a small bowl, and then add in the gelatin powder and allow it to soak.
2. In a small saucespan, add the milk, sugar and green tea powder and cook under medium heat until almost to the boil.
3. Lower the heat, and then add in the soaked gelatin and mix until the gelatin has completely dissolved then remove from heat.
4. Strain the mixture if necessary and then pour into moulds and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator to set for a few hours before serving. Optional: Serve with cooked sweet red beans.
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread
- Black Sesame Tang Yuan
- Almond Butter Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache