I bought this huge jar of Almond Butter from Costco and tried it on toast a couple times but always went back to peanut butter. So this jar of Almond Butter sat in the cupboard unused and I thought I might as well make use of it somehow. I made a Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Marshmallow Frosting before, so I thought I could do something similar with this butter. It turned out quite well, especially with the rich chocolate ganache and toasted almonds on top. It makes for the perfect dessert!
Almond Butter Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache (Adapted from Spoon Fork Bacon, Lemony Thyme and Oh Sweet Day)
Makes: One 9-inch cheesecake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Passive Time: 3-4 hours
150g Slivered Almonds, Toasted
85g Unsalted Butter, Cold & Cubed
125g Plain Flour
75g Caster Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
Almond Butter Filling
500g Cream Cheese, Softened
360g Almond Butter
140g Icing Sugar, Sifted
130ml Sour Cream
130ml Thickened Cream
230ml Thickened Cream
115g Dark Chocolate, Finely Chopped
115g Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Finely Chopped
50g Slivered Almonds, Toasted
1. Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a lined springform pan. Bake the crust for 15 to 18 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Almond Butter Filling
3. In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and almond butter until it’s well combined.
4. Add the sifted icing sugar, sour cream and thickened cream to the cream cheese mixture and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and flatten the mixture if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours and up to 48 hours.
6. In a heatproof bowl, mix together the finely chopped chocolate and set aside.
7. In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the cream to a light boil.
8. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Then allow the mixture to cool until slightly warm. This may take around 15 minutes.
9. Take the cheesecake out from the refrigerator and remove from the springform pan. Once the ganache is thick enough, pour over the cheesecake starting from the middle until the chocolate just oozes over.
10. Sprinkle the almond slivers on top and refrigerate the cheesecake again for around 30 minutes or until the ganache stiffens a bit more.