When Chinese New Year comes along, it’s always the delight of receiving red packets and eating copious amounts of food and snacks. One of my favourite snacks is the melt-in-your-mouth Peanut Cookies and honestly it’s difficult to just stop at one. It’s also very easy to make with very few ingredients. I found a fantastic recipe by Alan Ooi in his book In Love With Cookies, which I do recommend taking a look at his book because there is a great number of yummy cookie recipes in there to try.
Peanut Cookies (by Alan Ooi)
Makes: 120 cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
230g peanut oil
250g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
450g plain flour
2 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 165°C.
2. In a blender, grind the peanuts into a powder. Being careful not to over grind as it will turn into a soft paste.
3. Place all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until well combined.
4. Divide the dough into small round pieces. Arrange in a baking tray and brush a layer of egg yolk on top of the cookies.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread