One of the popular Malaysian Chinese New Year snacks is the melt in your mouth peanut cookies. The green pea variation is a more recent creation but retains that melt in your mouth texture and lightness due to its use of oil instead of butter and a lovely roasted ground green pea flavour that is perfect as a slightly sweet and salty snack.
Green Pea Cookies (adapted from In Love With Cookies by Alan Ooi)
Makes: ~110 cookies
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
250g peanut oil
200g icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt (optional if using Khao Shong Roasted Green Peas )
360g plain flour
350g ground green pea (390g ground roasted green pea/Khao Shong Roasted Green Peas)
2 Egg Yolks
1. Preheat oven to 165° C (329° F).
2. Ground the roasted green peas (if not already purchased grounded) in a food processor.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until well combined.
3. Roll the dough into balls. Arrange in a greased baking tray.
4. Brush the tops with egg yolk. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting