One weekend, I was in a black sesame mood and went through a number of black sesame recipes. I found this recipe from WendyinKK and it these came out amazingly well. Bold black sesame flavour, light and slight buttery texture of shortbread. Shared these among friends and family and had great feedback too!
Black Sesame Cookies (By WendyinKK)
Makes: 75 cookies
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
100g salted butter, softened
60g icing sugar, sifted
120g plain flour, plus extra for rolling out dough
50g black sesame powder
black and white sesame seeds for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. In a mixer, whisk butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Sift in the plain flour and black sesame powder and mix until combined.
4. Leave the mixture for 15 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to desired thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Place onto a lined baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned. Leave to cool.
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting