I found this lovely baked Peanut Butter Cheesecake topped with a meringue topping that is like fluffy marshmallows from How Sweet It Is (Howsweeteats.com). It has an aromatic peanut flavour in the cheesecake as well as the biscuit base. The frosting complements the slightly dense nutty cheesecake filling, it really is a delicious treat!
Makes: 9-inch Cheesecake
Total Time: 2 hours + overnight fridge chilling
220g Marie cookies, crushed
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, ground
85g unsalted butter, melted
680g cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter, smooth and unsweetened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract (If frosted and served within a few hours)
1. Preheat the oven to 170° C (350° F).
2. Stir together the crushed Marie cookies, ground peanuts and melted butter until combined, then press it into a 9-inch springform pan.
1. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract, then beat in the eggs one at a time until just combined.
4. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust, smoothing out the top. Place the pan on a baking sheet.
5. Bake the cheesecake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the center is almost set. Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
1. Combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a heat-proof bowl, preferably the bowl of your electric stand mixer.
2. Place the bowl over top of a double-boiler that contains simmering water, and whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites are slightly warm.
3. Immediately remove the bowl and place it on your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beating slow at first and gradually increasing the speed to high. Beat for 6-7 minutes until glossy and thick, then beat in vanilla extract for another minute until combined.
4.Pile the frosting on top of the cheesecake before serving (an hour or two ahead of time is okay).
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread