I came across tea flavoured jelly in one of these Taiwanese Dessert spots and I thought what a lovely idea that was. There is this subtle tea flavour with a bit of sweetness, and that slight bitterness to balance. Combined with some lychees, it becomes this refreshing and easy dessert for a nice hot day.
Oolong Tea Jelly with Lychees
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
10g oolong tea leaves
2 tsp (5g) agar agar
2 cups (500 ml) water
2 tbsp (25g) sugar
1 can (230g) lychees, in syrup
1. Place the tea leaves into a tea filter bag, and add bag with the agar agar and water into a small saucespan on medium-high heat.
2. Whisk mixture until it starts to boil and the agar agar powder has dissolved.
3. Add the sugar and turn down to low heat.
4. Once all dissolved, strain the mixture to remove any excess tea leaves. Then, pour into moulds or a baking tray if you prefer to slice it afterwards.
5. Place the moulds/tray into the fridge for 20 minutes or until set.
6. To serve, pop out the jellies (or cut the jelly into cubes if in a tray) and serve with lychees and add a few tablespoons of the lychee syrup.
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting