Call me crazy, making a cookie into another cookie but I love cookies and cream and especially as ice cream. So from my first attempt at making Oreo cupcakes, comes these Oreo Shortbread Cookies that have a lovely buttery taste, short texture and with just enough Oreo flavour to bring it all together. Found this wonderful recipe from the creative mind of The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen but have tweaked it slightly. Check out the recipe below!
Oreo Shortbread Cookies (adapted from The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen)
Makes: 30 cookies (depending on size of the cutter)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
230g butter, unsalted
1/4 cup icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
150g Oreo cookies, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. In a mixer, whip the butter until light and fluffy
3. Gradually add in the icing sugar and mix until icing sugar has been incorporated well.
4. Gradually add in all the plain flour until combined and forms a dough.
5. Lightly fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
6. Over a dusted surface, roll out the cookie dough mix until flat. Be careful not to over work the dough to avoid the chocolate cookie crumbs to darken the cookie dough.
7. Using a cookie cutter, press down on the dough and cut the dough into pieces. Place onto a baking sheet.
8. Repeat, until all dough has been use. Place into the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie is has hardened and browned slightly.
- Matcha White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Marmalade Custard Cake
- Lychee Chiffon Cake
- Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- Mint Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream
- Lychee & White Chocolate Macarons
- Ginger & Orange Melting Moments
- Black Tea Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Beer Bread