Ba-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nana-na. Make those bodies sing. I’m so glad bananas have dramatically dropped in price and no longer cost at least $10. Rejoice! To celebrate the comeback of Australian Banana’s here is a recipe for those with extra ripe bananas and don’t know what to do with them. It’s a quick and easy recipe, and very difficult to get wrong.
8 ounces (228 grams) self raising flour
2 tablespoons plain flour
1-2 tsps baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3.5 ounces (100 grams) caster sugar
5 ounces (142 grams) butter/cooking margarine (6/7 ounces, you probably will get a slightly more moist cake)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs (at room temperature)
1-2 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Sift the self raising flour, plain flour, baking soda and salt and leave aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light. You can add the vanilla extract when whisking or afterwards, it doesn’t really matter too much.
3. Add each egg one at a time until all is mixed through well.
4. Combine the sifted dry ingredients slowly to the wet batter.
5. Add the bananas and walnuts to the mixture and it’s done!.
6. Place the batter into muffin/cupcake pans. Then place in oven for 15-20 minutes/ until golden brown (or when the skewer comes out clean)
I like this recipe, since you can adjust the sugar, butter to your liking. The banana adds to the sweetness so you don’t really need that much extra sugar to be honest. The banana makes the mixture quite wet, so you may need to add extra baking powder so that it rises properly and doesn’t sink afterwards! I’ll keep trying to find the perfect banana cake recipe.
For any queries, feedback or anything else! Contact me at email@example.com or hit me up on Twitter.
All posts and content are owned by ohdenny unless specifically stated.
Please contact me if you would like to use any part of my website.
- Raspberry Cake with Raspberry Vanilla Buttercream | ohdenny. on Raspberry Soufflé (Vincent Gadan Recipe)
- Raspberry Soufflé (Vincent Gadan Recipe) | ohdenny. on Chocolate Souffle
- Jaidee Thai | ohdenny. on Jinda Thai
- Japan Komo | ohdenny. on Momotaro Rahmen
- Third Wave Cafe Prahran by Night | ohdenny. on Third Wave Cafe – Prahran
Blog Top Sites